IMF SPORT CLIMBING COMBINED NATIONAL RANKING - ALL CATEGORIES (10 JAN 2020)
Please find below the details of the attachments;
1. 25th IMF NSCC, BHUBANESWAR - COMBINED NATIONAL RANKING (Open, Junior & Sub Junior)
2. UPDATED COMBINED NATIONAL RANKING OF IMF NATIONAL SPORT CLIMBING COMPETITIONS (Open, Junior & Sub Junior)
ADVENTURE TRAVEL ESCORT COURSE FOR CAPACITY BUILDING OF YOUTH UNDER MINISTRY OF TOURISM, GOVT. OF INDIA
1. With a view to enhance the capacity of youth to seek self employment in the field of tour, travel and corporate, two training courses spread over the year will be conducted by Indian Mountaineering Foundation (IMF) under directions and help of Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India. The name of the course is “Adventure Travel Escort”. The courses will be conducted in all Mountaineering Training Institutes.
2. Each course will be conducted for the duration of 15 days. The first two course are being planned with immediate effect. The volunteers will report a day prior to the commencement of the course at the designated institute for training. Departure will take place a day after completion of the training
3. Qualitative requirement The Volunteers should meet following qualitative requirements:-
(a) Should be 10th Pass
(b) Should be able to read, write and speak English and Hindi
(c) Should be between the age of 18 – 40 years on 1st Nov 2019.
(d) Should qualify aptitude test.
4. Application Application form and Aptitude Test paper are enclosed. For being part of the course all volunteers are required to fill in the application form and also answer the aptitude test paper and forward them to Indian Mountaineering Foundation (IMF), 6 Benito Juarez Marg, Near South Campus of Delhi University, New Delhi – 110021 for screening/selection of volunteers for the course. Finally the and selected volunteers and the conducting institutes will be informed about their selection for conduct of training.
5. All applications with aptitude test form duly completed should reach IMF latest by 30th March 2020. Any form received after that will not the entertained.
IMF Mountain Film Festival 2020
We are back with the Fourth edition of the IMF Mountain Film Festival, to be held at our campus in New Delhi on the 29th Feb & 01st of March 2019.
As you are aware, select adventure films and documentaries shot across India would be screened over the 2 days which would compete for the grand prize.
The filmmakers/team members would be personally there to introduce their films and answer questions from the audience.
Click to register:
You can also follow the Festival Facebook page for more updates
Click on link below for Festival schedule
Click here to book your tickets:
IMF Everest-Massif Expedition-2020
PLEASE DOWNLOAD PDF FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
SUB : IMF EVEREST MASSIF EXPEDITION 2020 IN NEPAL HIMALAYA – 2020
Dear Sir ,
1. Indian Mountaineering Foundation ( IMF ) is National Apex Body in India. IMF is Planning to organize Everest Massif Expedition 2020 ( Everest , Lhotse , Nuptse & Pumori) .
2. In order to facilitate evaluation of the service provider, the Appendix attached may kindly be filled in with requisite details and submitted to IMF by 20th January 2020 .
3. You are requested to apply in two bid system i.e Technical Bid and Price Bid. Both bids should be separately , submitted in Sealed Envelopes , with clear markings of the same . IMF will open the Price Bid only after , the Agency / Handler qualifies in the Technical Evaluation . .
4. Technical Bid will open on 25th January 2020 , in your presence at IMF Hqrs, New Delhi .
5. Manner of depositing the Bids: - Sealed Bids marked as ( TENDER enquiry ( TE ) should be either dropped in the Tender Box at IMF or sent by registered post at the address given below so as to reach by the due date . Late tenders will not be considered. No responsibility will be taken for postal delay or non-delivery /non- receipt of Bid documents. Bids sent by Fax or email will not be considered .
Indian Mountaineering Foundation
6 Benito Juarez Road, New Delhi – 110 021
TENDER ENQUIRY (TE)
Invitation of Bids for supply of Mountaineering Equipment & Clothing Items.
This TE is divided in to 5 parts as follows:-
(a) Part-I Contains General Information and Instructions for the Bidders about the TE such as the time, place of submission and opening of tenders, validity period of tenders, etc.
(b) Part-II Contains essential details of the items / services required, such as the Schedule of Requirements (SOR), Technical Specifications, Delivery period, Mode of Delivery and Consignee details.
(c) Part-III Contains Standard Conditions of TE, which will form part of the contract with the successful Bidder.
(d) Part-IV Contains Special Conditions applicable to this TE and which will also form part of the contract with the successful Bidder.
(e) Part-V Contains Evaluation Criteria and Format for price Bids.
Last date & Time for Depositing the Bids :- 10.02. 2020 at 11.00 hrs.
For the Climbing Season 2020 IMF has decided to give 50% discounts on handling charges to encourage the Foreign Climbers to climb peaks in Indian Himalaya. Details of Discounts on handling charges offered are attached for information.
HIRING OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTENT
Firms offering Fund Raising Services are invited to submit Expression of Interest in the Format as given in the attached document.
Last Date for Sumbission is 25th September 2019
The Apex Special Edition on Accidents and Safety is now available for download. The newsletter includes articles based on all the key discussion areas from the IMF Meet on Risk Management held earlier this year.
Please download through the given link.
Steve Long, Chairman of the Training Standards Panel of the UIAA recently trekked the Chadar (Frozen River Trek) on Zanskar in Ladakh. During his trek, he was witness to an accident where two local girls were swept under the Chadar ice. He pulled them out of the river and managed to revive one girl, the other unfortunately died.
Having observed the trekkers and guides during the Chadar trek, Steve has made some recommendations. A synopsis of these recommendations given below may be treated as an IMF advisory.
Consequences of an ice collapse are extremely serious. Quick action needs to be taken in the event of a victim being swept under ice following an ice collapse. It is recommended that:-
Note:- Comments on this advisory may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The IMF Membership Form is available for download. Click on download pdf to download the form.
Background: The Chadar is popular winter trek with the objective of walking over the frozen Zanskar river.
In recent years some areas of the river do not freeze over through the winter resulting in situations where
trekkers have to traverse sections which have not frozen.
Advisory released by the IMF on January 3, 2018 :
1. The Chadar trek is typically rated as an easy or moderate trek recommended for first time trekkers.
Based on the current circumstances where the river is in a semi frozen in some sections the trek must
be rated as difficult or demanding.
2. Treks rated difficult or demanding should be conducted in small groups with safety gear to ensure
that multiple safeguards are in place. Adventure lovers who are signing on to do the Chadar in the
2018 season should understand the trek rating and also ensure that the trek operator is adequately
proficient in managing the risk associated with traversing a river with multiple unstable sections.