SUB : IMF EVEREST MASSIF EXPEDITION 2020 IN NEPAL HIMALAYA – 2020
Dear Sir ,
1. Indian Mountaineering Foundation ( IMF ) is National Apex Body in India. IMF is Planning to organize Everest Massif Expedition 2020 ( Everest , Lhotse , Nuptse & Pumori) .
2. In order to facilitate evaluation of the service provider, the Appendix attached may kindly be filled in with requisite details and submitted to IMF by 20th January 2020 .
3. You are requested to apply in two bid system i.e Technical Bid and Price Bid. Both bids should be separately , submitted in Sealed Envelopes , with clear markings of the same . IMF will open the Price Bid only after , the Agency / Handler qualifies in the Technical Evaluation . .
4. Technical Bid will open on 25th January 2020 , in your presence at IMF Hqrs, New Delhi .
5. Manner of depositing the Bids: - Sealed Bids marked as ( TENDER enquiry ( TE ) should be either dropped in the Tender Box at IMF or sent by registered post at the address given below so as to reach by the due date . Late tenders will not be considered. No responsibility will be taken for postal delay or non-delivery /non- receipt of Bid documents. Bids sent by Fax or email will not be considered .
Indian Mountaineering Foundation
6 Benito Juarez Road, New Delhi – 110 021
TENDER ENQUIRY (TE)
Invitation of Bids for supply of Mountaineering Equipment & Clothing Items.
This TE is divided in to 5 parts as follows:-
(a) Part-I Contains General Information and Instructions for the Bidders about the TE such as the time, place of submission and opening of tenders, validity period of tenders, etc.
(b) Part-II Contains essential details of the items / services required, such as the Schedule of Requirements (SOR), Technical Specifications, Delivery period, Mode of Delivery and Consignee details.
(c) Part-III Contains Standard Conditions of TE, which will form part of the contract with the successful Bidder.
(d) Part-IV Contains Special Conditions applicable to this TE and which will also form part of the contract with the successful Bidder.
(e) Part-V Contains Evaluation Criteria and Format for price Bids.
Last date & Time for Depositing the Bids :- 10.02. 2020 at 11.00 hrs.
For the Climbing Season 2020 IMF has decided to give 50% discounts on handling charges to encourage the Foreign Climbers to climb peaks in Indian Himalaya. Details of Discounts on handling charges offered are attached for information.
HIRING OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTENT
New National Records were set in Speed Climbing on 15 mtr Climbing Wall during All India Sport climbing Competition at Chemchey, Sikkim on 08 September 2019:-
(a) Men Category
(b) Women Category
Firms offering Fund Raising Services are invited to submit Expression of Interest in the Format as given in the attached document.
Last Date for Sumbission is 25th September 2019
The Apex Special Edition on Accidents and Safety is now available for download. The newsletter includes articles based on all the key discussion areas from the IMF Meet on Risk Management held earlier this year.
Please download through the given link.
The IMF Membership Form is available for download. Click on download pdf to download the form.
Background: The Chadar is popular winter trek with the objective of walking over the frozen Zanskar river.
In recent years some areas of the river do not freeze over through the winter resulting in situations where
trekkers have to traverse sections which have not frozen.
Advisory released by the IMF on January 3, 2018 :
1. The Chadar trek is typically rated as an easy or moderate trek recommended for first time trekkers.
Based on the current circumstances where the river is in a semi frozen in some sections the trek must
be rated as difficult or demanding.
2. Treks rated difficult or demanding should be conducted in small groups with safety gear to ensure
that multiple safeguards are in place. Adventure lovers who are signing on to do the Chadar in the
2018 season should understand the trek rating and also ensure that the trek operator is adequately
proficient in managing the risk associated with traversing a river with multiple unstable sections.